Yummy crunchy granola, and you can easily swap the ingredients to make different variations
- 2 Cups Porridge Oats
- 1 Cup Seeds (any you like or mixed)
- 1 Cup Nuts (any you like or mixed nuts) whole or chopped
- 4 tbsp Coconut Oil Melted
- 2 tbsp Honey you could use maple syrup or date syrup
Heat oven to 200oC and put baking tray in oven whilst it's warming to heat the tray, then turn the oven temp down to 150oC to toast the ingredients.
Toast the oats for 15mins, then add the nuts and seeds and toast for a further 15mins
Mix oil and honey (and any flavourings, spices, cocoa powder etc.) together then add to the dry mixture once it is toasted.
leave it to cool and then store in an airtight container.
You can enjoy it on it's own or try using it to top a smoothie bowl.
If you like your granola a little sweeter add 1/2 cup of dried fruit.
I use measuring cups but you could just use a mug from your kitchen cupboard.
You can swap some of the ingredients to create different flavours here are a few examples
- Swap honey for maple syrup
- Use only hazelnuts
- add 1/2 cup of dried pear
add these to the mixture
- 5-6 drops of clementine/orange edible essential oil or essences (add a little at a time and taste and some essences and oils have a stronger flavour than others)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp all spice
- add either a handful of chocolate drops or raw cocoa nibs to the dry ingredients once cooled.
- Alternatively add 3 tbsp of cocoa powder to the honey and oil before mixing into the dry ingredients.