When you set off to live healthier, the whole process can be overwhelming, but all it takes are a few small changes to make a big difference! Start with these simple tips.
- Never skip breakfast: Skipping breakfast might seem like it can lead to weight loss, but it’s doing just the opposite: Enjoying one of The Fitness Studio Breakfasts and eat the same breakfast all week, so it becomes a routine and tell yourself: “l love eating like this”, “l am choosing to eat healthy food”, and “l am doing this for me”.
- Start the day with The Fitness Studio cardio workout, so have your trainers and sports kit near your bed and set your alarm to wake you up a little earlier, after all you are worth it.
“my body loves exercise”,
“l am feeling fitter every day” and
“l am doing this for me”.
- Forget the second cup: Coffee in the morning is fine, but that second cup can leave you feeling jittery. Substitute your second cup with some green tea, it still has caffeine but will keep you feeling balanced and it has been shown to help boost metabolism.
- Eat whole foods: Weight loss is built on more than counting calories! Reach for natural, unprocessed foods to keep the whole body working at its top potential while helping keep off unwanted pounds.
- Pack your own lunch: Healthy and fresh fast-food options are more readily available than ever, but when you bring your lunch to work, you know exactly what you’re getting. Go for tinned fish: mackerel, sardines, tuna, crab salmon in oil or water and add salad. Eat the same lunch every day for a week as to much choice can led to temptation, unhealthy choices and weight gain.
- Be conscious of portions: try eating multiple small meals spaced throughout the day.
- Drink more water all day: drinking water prevents headaches, improves your skin, suppresses appetite, and helps with belly bloat.
- Research restaurants ahead of time: Whether you’re traveling or have dinner plans with friends, do your research ahead of time and look up the menu online. This way, you can make an informed decision about the healthiest options available before hand and make a less impulsive choice that will keep you on track. Also try eating protein 1 hour before you go out, like a small handful of nuts or a boiled egg so you are not so hungry and therefore more likely to eat less.
- Snacks If you’re not sure how to snack, always have items like these to hand; tinned fruits, vegetables, salad leaves, fruits (but no more than 2 portions a day as fruit contains a lot of sugar), eggs, nuts, Prawns, soya yogurt (with no added sugar) these food will fill you up naturally, and keep you satisfied for longer.
- Eat when you’re hungry: Learning how to differentiate between boredom and hunger can be a struggle. When you stop multitasking meals with other activities, you’ll start becoming aware of when you are full.